PAWLET PUBLIC LIBRARY: COMMUNITY RESOURCE COORDINATOR
PART-TIME: 12 HOURS/WEEK
The Community Resource Coordinator takes a leadership role in facilitating Town and community organizations in working together while sharing information and resources with each other and the community. The purpose of the position is to increase organizations’ effectiveness, share resources, inform the community about events and initiatives, attract more people to public service, and support the public library by managing fundraising campaigns. This position is supervised by the Library Director, who evaluates activities according to the goals and objectives of the library’s Strategic Plan.
Role and Responsibilities
- Develop, coordinate, and manage monthly meetings of Town and community organization leadership.
- Develop and maintain an effective work relationship that is sensitive to the individual differences and diverse population in a rural community.
- Develop and maintain a close relationship with Town and community organization leaders.
- Support organizations in identifying and accessing resources to promote organizational capacity building.
- Determine and direct appropriate methods of communication and information sharing.
- Participate in leadership and volunteer recruitment.
- Document activities and create monthly reports for the Library Director and Library Board.
- Supports the Library Director by managing the Spring and Fall Annual Appeal Campaigns, gift acknowledgements, and the donor database.
- Supports the Library Director by managing the Raffle by Mail Fundraiser.
- Manages the library’s website and social media platforms to promote programs and events.
- Assists the Library Director by attending events and covering shifts, which includes managing the circulation desk.
- Performs other duties as required by the Library Director.
- A degree in Communications, Nonprofit Management or Business Administration is preferred.
- Background in social work, public administration, library reference, or nonprofit management.
- Understanding of community development principles and practices.
- Expertise in fundraising management.
- Expertise in website management and social media platforms.
- Ability to effectively navigate print and digital media.
- Ability to manage database functions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with diverse individuals, groups and agencies.
- Problem solving, moderating and negotiation skills.
- Strong leadership abilities.
Key Activities and Partnerships
- Monthly meetings with heads of Town and community organizations.
- Database of Town and community organizations.
- Manages the Pawlet Volunteer Network.
- Town of Pawlet monthly e-news collaboration and promotion.
- Manages the library’s primary fundraising activities and maintains the donor database, DonorSnap.
- Serves as the social media/website coordinator, managing the design and maintenance of the library’s web page, and social media platforms.
- Familiarity with Rutland County service organizations.
- Familiarity with regional, county and state agencies with expertise in economic development, transportation, natural areas and affordable housing.
- Leadership recruitment for public service.